In this section, you can find a lesson to conduct with teacher trainees.
Four concepts will be discussed in this lesson: educational ecosystems, democracy in education, changing the educational paradigm, well-being at school.
1. Introduction to four concepts that will be discussed in the lesson:
Students read articles so that four even groups can be created for follow-up discussions.
Task: Read the article and make notes connected to the questions and the keywords. How does what you read relate to your experience as a student/teacher?
2. Discussion – four different groups: students who have read the same article, discuss this article based on questions and keywords presented by the teacher.
Task: Discuss the article you have read. Answer the questions. Work with the keywords and with how they relate to what you have read and also to what you might have experienced as a student/teacher.
3. Discussion – new groups – each group needs to have such students that all the four articles are presented in each of the groups.
Task: Discuss the articles you have read in your groups.
4. Watch videos/a video that were/was made in Labyrinth, Brno, the first laboratory school in the Czech republic.
Task: Watch a video that has been made in Labyrinth, Brno, the first laboratory school in the Czech republic. In your original group (as in point 2), discuss what you have observed. Prepare a presentation of your main thoughts.
5. Final presentations and follow-up discussions.
Task: Present your presentations to the whole class. Discuss.
The teacher leads the conversation in such a way that opinions get expressed, questions get asked and the class´s thoughts get summarized.